This morning whilst on patrol on The Valley Road in Westcliff, CAP Tactical Officers noticed a woman in distress. She had pulled to the side of the road whilst smoke came from the bonnet of her vehicle.
What was assumed to be overheating, was, in fact an electrical fire, causing the bonnet to seal shut.
CAP Tactical officers who are always equipped with the necessary emergency tools immediately sprung into action prying open the car bonnet to extinguish the blaze while CAP’s Command Centre notified the relevant authorities who arrived on scene to further assist the vehicle owner.
Thanks to the assertiveness and quick thinking of the Tactical officers no one was injured.
Well done to all involved!